Sunday, November 28, 2010
High Speed Train In Florida: Future or Fail?
Florida is going to have a high speed rail that will connect Tampa and Orlando. The govornment will spend 800 million dollars on this project. This will be the first high speed rail in the United States, and would be an enormous waste of money if it did not prove to be successfull. The idea is that emissions would be cut and so would overall traffic levels. There would be less people making this long and popular commute, and as technology grows, this high speed rail would become even more environmentally friendly. I personally think that this is a great idea for transportation, i think it does alot to bring entire communities to think more about the ecological foot print they have. Asia and Europe use this technology very successfully and I don't see any reason why we shouldnt either. I believe the further we move forward with green technology, the better our economy, environment, and way of lifing will be in decades to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
If an idea such as mass transit is going to produce both income and promote new technology, I think that it should be funded by the government in cases such as this
ReplyDelete