Monday, October 18, 2010
Page 84
In the United States of America, the family unit is a huge influence on one's views in life. our parents are the first source of opinion we ever hear when it comes to politics and world events. This has also been true for myself, i have felt that my political veiws are very similar to those of my parents. it was really until my sophomore year at Highschool that i started to question and challenge the veiws i had unconsciously adopted because my parents believed in those. Although this can lead to people voting according to the political party their family favors, not truly assessing what that candidate offers for them, I believe that the family unit is the only way to start the idea of political thought at an early age. I myself have some Republican veiws and some Democratic veiws that I have become familar wiht since my parents associate themselves wiht different parties. I thinkg the average teen in America associates themselves with the political party of their parents. i feel that it is important that an interest and concern about politics and national desicions is important to our democratic nation continuing on a path of success.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment